October 15, 2009

For My Consideration

For many months now I have been thinking about buying a kit from BYOC. For some reason I haven't done it yet. They have a lot of really cool kits. I've had my eye on a vibrato. Or their fuzz. I have a friend who built the fuzz, and it sounds sweet.

I also have plans to build a compressor. I have a mouser project list with all the parts, I just need to hit the "Purchase" button and say goodbye to $35. I already have the IC. I'm pretty sure the schematic I have if for this guy, which I hear great things about. Maybe if i choose to go the less responsible path with whatever Christmas money (in what ever form it comes) I get this year, I will finally buy the parts for it, instead of paying off various debts and student loans.

Although I might not do any of the above. I have been planning on building a Matchless Hotbox clone for about a year now. Again, have the Mouser project saved with all the parts, just need to hit the purchase button.

Meanwhile, I founda broken tube in my Fender Bassman head, which explains why it wasn't working. I'm also feeling a strong desire to replace all the tubes in it. And I have the strangest feeling that the power tubes have gone bye-bye in my SLO Clone. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment