October 8, 2009

Welcome!

Howdy!

Just starting this blog. Its goal: to follow my progress in all the various music-electronic projects I have going on. Many of them are long term tinkering and experimenting. I plan on updating whenever I work on something, highlighting my progress, the what and how (any why, if there is a why) of what I did. Hopefully there will be lots of pictures, drawings, and other fun stuff.

I'll start with a list of current projects I currently have on the table. Some of them I haven't the slightest idea what I'm doing, so it will be a learning process.

Anyway, here is the list:

  • Fix a broken key on an Yamaha DX7
  • Finish putting a distortion circuit in a guitar. The guitar is some Japanese Strat knock off (Aria Pro II, if it matters). The distortion is a Way Huge Red Llama.
  • Build a guitar. This is a very long term project. I'm just in the planning phase now. It will be cool though.
  • Troubleshoot a SLO 100 clone (or should it be a SLO 50? Its the 50 watt version) I built a while back. Somethings wrong, and I don't know what.
There will be much more detail on all of these individual projects as I get around to working on them. In the next week or so, depending on time, I'll post detailed explanations of what I'm doing and a few pictures of them. I also have a few other projects that I might start, but those will be kind of spontaneous. If I dont have time to work on things, I might post pictures of past projects.

And about me? Well, I majored in Audio Technology at American University. That doesn't mean a whole lot though. I developed a passion for playing with electronic things during that time, but I have always enjoyed taking things apart. I don't work in the audio field, but I do have a decent job (I also majored in International Relations, you know, liberal arts BS) that I enjoy, and it helps fund my projects, so there you go.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I have to know why you call the site 10:08 adventures. You can email me with a response
    fitsmusic@live.com
    the time 10:08 has some strange significance to me and I'd just like to know. Also: I enjoyed the blog. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete