February 19, 2010

Toys!

When it snowed I got really board. That means that I surfed the internet a lot. I remembered that I love synthesizers, so I started to think about buying one. I also remembered that I really wanted a drum machine. This took me to eBay. After browsing for a day or two I found exactly what I was looking for. I was excited. So I bid on them. And then I won them. Here they are:

Oberheim DX. This is the "Blue Monday" drum machine. Well, its big brother the DMX is, but they have the same exact drum sounds in them, the DMX just has more. The one thing that makes the DX much cooler than the DMX is that on the back of it, there are thumb screws that adjust the pitch of the sounds. It can hold up to 100 sequences, you can change the number of measures in a sequence, the time signature, and you can arrange those sequences into up to 50 songs. And the buttons make a very satisfying click when you hit them.

Oberheim DX

And then we have the Roland Juno 106. This sound is THE sound of the 80s. It has 6 voices, a sawtooth wave, square wave, pulse width modulation, a sub oscillator, a sweet envelope generator, high pass and low pass filter, and two different chorus (or as I call it, the 80s button). 16 different banks of 8 patches. This is a really incredibly versatile synth.

Roland Juno 106

Roland Juno 106

Roland Juno 106

I'm working on a rig for all this stuff. I'll post pictures when everything is set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment